W eb SEO @ Compunet SystemsGoogle use over 200 methods to score your sites SERP (Search Engine Results Page) rank but Page Ranking seems to be one of the most favourable by google and has a score system from 0-10 , 10 being the best. Page Ranking, or authoritative reputation which is different from popularity (page views), this is how low page ranked sites get better results sometimes than high page ranked sites. The Page Rank, SEO and page hits/popularity are contributing towards the final SERP rank of your website.
Page Ranking (Good backlinks, quality of content and reputation), Authoritative Links help is based on quality and quantity of your content, authoritative linking from other sites back to yours and the authority or reputation of your site, and these factors have an impact on your SERP rank .
Search engine optimization or SEO is a method to ensure that targeted keywords are emphasised in the webpage code and all the code is setup correctly or to how the search engines prefers it for easy reading by the search engine bots/trawlers, this can include using extra html code, compression of files, server adjustments, adding icon file and more, if done correctly the search engine will index the site under the correct keywords and allow more SERP traffic to be directed towards your webpage and should help towards the Page Ranking too.
Search engine results page rank is calculated by Google using over 200 methods to rank the content but good Page Ranking and good quality SEO should ensure the main points are covered:
Good relevant backlinks, relevance of content and good reputation and with good SEO to target certain keywords in the relevant content, optimized code, social media, fast website loading speed, compressed images, minified scripts and more can all help improve the SERP rank.
Traffic types:Organic from Search engine results
Campaign based, Pay per click (PPC)
Backlinks from other sites
Direct Url Entery
Below are the two ways to becomming higher or top of the Serach Engine Results Page (SERP Rank).
Google Estimated Page Scoring Relevancy – SERP RankAuthoritive Reputation
Quality, Quantity and Relative Content
Backlinks best is Relevant Authority websites
Equate to Oraganic Search Results Page Ranking – SERP Rank
Equate to Page Views
Googles Reputation Factor
Your website will get a reputation score/value and this gets divided up into each link you have from that page allowing the linked pages to get part of the reputation score from its linkers, for example you get reputation score / value for your page and additional reputation from any backlinks and that is your pages reputation score this then gets divided down into the links you have from that page and each linked page receives a equal portion of the total score to go towards their total reputation score / value
Ways to improve your webpages SEO
Three types of optimisations:
On Site – Webpage coding, content and quality
Off Site – Backlinks from Websites and Social Media
Server Configuration – REWRITE ensure dynamic url’s are indexable and if caching to ensure it purges at least once a week or dynamically purges when pages are published or updated.
24 Tips for helping improve the SEO on your webpages.
1. Pool rankings together, when your website responds to http://www.yourwebsite.co.uk and http://yourwebsite.co.uk set only one as the main and use permant page redirection (301) to point to the one you want to use, (Stops ranking be split over two sites)
2. Get as many links (Back-links) from other sites back to your site, ie:
Link to many sites and get them to link back to you
Give Testimonials and have links back to your site
Donate to charity and get listed on their website with a link back to yours
Offer discounts (codes ect..) get links back from sites advertising links (Students – get on student union/club page ect… )
Find references without links by using google alerts and ask to have link
Great Gimicks , like most expensive or smallest computer – link from social media
3. Find the Golden keywords that will produce positive conversions (Google Analytics), avoid to many keywords as this can have a negative effect, Google doesen’t seem to use the keyword very highly, but favers organic search on content and tiles,headers (h1 more than h2) and content, and keywords but not in old bulked methods more organic senteces that a user would search for ( phrase sizes 1-4 words and 6-8 phrases max )
4. Have good clear and targeted meta descriptions to help conversions, 98% top ten 2014 had descriptions, most search engines truncate to 160 characters
5. Update Site Content regularly i.e blogs update at least once a week ect..
6. High quality fresh content, Holistic and comprehensively correct content people seem to faviour, higher word count with relevant topic data and terminology and include other media images with vidoes, use relevant terms! (Have supporting info and as much relevant infoamtion and correct terminology as possible)
7. Make sure content matches Title (Google seems to use this more importantly/heavily), Keywords and Descritions – quick leavers from site can have negative effect on page ranking and Ideal Title: UK display correctly desktop 55 or less - 64 is and more to take advantage of keywords - no one knows!
8. max length google uses.
9. Try to make Article Titles (Headings) as close to a users search criteria, keywords as possible because the Google update humming bird uses more conversational search types (like you would say talking to somebody ect…)
10. Create a search engine sitemap, submit it to google to help the trawlers/bots index all the pages on your site easier
11. Have your site in multiple langauges, different translations will lead to more views by increasing the audience size
12. Create rss feed to help get more constant views
13. Social Networks (Google +1,Twitter,Facebook,LinkedIn, Pintrest or wikipedia), create high volume back links and views from readers of social network sites, if content is high quality and provides value they will link to it, which increases the amount of page views you get which helps in increasing page rankings, social signals can also include shared content/images and likes, and google +1 seems to have a top impact to.
14. Check Robots.txt files to ensure their not blocking trawlers/bots , normally good practice to create this file and leave empty (trawler everthing)
15. ALT tags for images, keywords to describe image has a small effect it seems, perhaps this is because the site developer has shown understanding of disabled (blind) accessability concepts perhaps
16. Fast response times for the site help, code is fast and server is fast
17. Try to ensure audience don’t close the site or click of to fast, captivating content again or awkward to leave but in a good way, user signals as low Click Through Rate (CTR) will impact on rankings, use analytics to monitor
18. Internal links can help slightly average internal links for top ten page as of 2014 was 130
19. Try to keep url length down to under 36 characters, top ten urls 2014 was 36 or less
20. Using you tube to promote and relay relevant information can carry weight
21. Submitting to as many web directory’s and search engines as possible, each link counts
22. Use google analytics on pages, so direct urls get counted (need to check this on google)
23. Good quality links, instead of having click here use the location or subject ie. Compunet Systems Computer Repairs , will provide more keywords and give the page a better score
24. Use the Microdata when using HTML5 to help with Semantic indexing categorisation.
HTML Microdata used to mark up structured data.
Use HTML5 Microdata to add semantic markup to your webpages.
Would be coded like this:
<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Person">
<span itemprop="name">John Doe</span>
<span itemprop="company"> Example Company</span>
<a itemprop="email" href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a>
Search engines use Microdata to improve the quality of search results.
Negative effects on Page Rankings
1. Using the wrong SEO tactics or company that employes this bad practice tactics (Black Hat) tricks, of linking to a Link Network (Sites setup for purpose of linking and confusing search engines) if discovered can lead to losing page rankings and even banning.
2. Addlinks (i.e Addsense) have a slight negative effect on rankings
SEO Tools and Resources
Social media are websites that the general public use to share information, talk, mail and so on, business use these channels to engage with their customers to acquire information like to what improvements to services they can provide to launching new products and spreading the word on promotions and so on, these channels also show potential new customers other peoples experiences with you and your willingness to engage with them and answer questions, take on any good ideas and listen to their experiences.
What is SEO?
The term SEO is used to mean search engine optimization, this is the process of looking in to specific keywords and or phrase that your business would like to use to target people searching for those phrases that contain these keywords from the search engine searches, for instance a car dealer would aim at words like motor car and new car or vehicle and perhaps the area they are in, then once these keywords have been identified the site content, headers, titles and all the other optimizations are put into place so the website has a higher chance of being on the top of the organic search results for the targeted keywords, that is at the top of the none (PPC) or pay per click adds for those search words. It is recommended after web design has taken place search engine optimization should be considered to help promote your site and gain a higher page ranking which will help with getting those organics traffic clicks/hits which increase your sites popularity factor which also helps in climbing up the search engine results pages.
What extra steps can I do to promote and drive traffic to my site?
Promote the URL on business cards and stationary.
Add the URL to any advertising adds that your business has.
Engage more on social media channels, promotions and offers.
Offer discounts/cash backs on customers who write reviews on social channels like google+
Update content and create new content regularly.
What can Compunet Systems do for my business?
Increase the figure on your bottom line?
Through our vast IT expertise we can help to improve your bottom line. Everyone is in business to make a profit and run a successful company at the end of the day. In today’s current economic climate downtime is measured in pounds sterling not hours and minutes.
High level of service
Is the main reason our customers renew their service and support contracts with us year after year with an enviable customer retention ratio that any company would be proud of.
With a combined experience of over 20 years within the IT industry we are familiar with all of the mainstream manufacturer’s products and base our recommendations on the most reliable, cost effective and expandable solution to suit your individual businesses needs. We know how frustrating and stressful it can be for you and your employees when things go wrong and we are always on hand to get any issues resolved as soon as possible.
We'll take you through every stage with our simple KISS system, without the jargon and leaving the technical stuff in the safe hands of Compunet Systems.
Call us now on 020 8177 3887
or email us your requirments and any design work for a free estimate.
We provide Web Design, IT Support and Maintenance services to London and the surrounding areas, please call for more information.